[Technical_wg] Multiple IDs under one zone

Pawel Kowalik pawel.kowalik at ionos.com
Fri May 17 11:34:47 UTC 2019

Hi Matthias,

Discussion on the list somewhere last year concluded to lookup parent domain in the client.

The following language was added to the specification [1] in the paragraph 2.1.2:

"In case _openid subdomain cannot be resolved, the record for the parent domain SHALL be resolved, by removing the leftmost label from the original ID4me Identifier."

It is now AFAIK already supported by all libraries available [2].

[1] https://gitlab.com/ID4me/documentation/blob/master/id4ME Technical Specification.adoc
[2] https://id4me.org/login-partner-developer-zone/

Kind Regards,
Pawel