[ID4me Governance] ID4me verified identities framework

Vittorio Bertola vittorio.bertola at open-xchange.com
Wed Aug 28 12:17:51 UTC 2019

> Il 27 agosto 2019 15:32 Matthias Pfeifer | dotBERLIN GmbH & Co. KG <pfeifer at dot.berlin> ha scritto:
>
> [>] I like the model. Just for clarification on an meta level - the role of the not-called-so-CA
> have to be managed by an entitiy like an eID provider in order to fullfill the requirements for verified Identities.
> If I dig it right then this model looks to me like an interface for entities with different methods of verification (NPA, Video Ident etc..). So this might open a very attractive Door for all those parties and further business.

Well, people doing verification should become data authorities, rather than auditors of each operator's practices, but there could still be merit in doing both things together. After all, we want to define a flexible set of roles, but we do not pose many constraints against someone holding multiple roles at the same time.

Also I don't know if, in the current OIDC drafts, the same claim can be verified by more than one source, but I agree it would be interesting.

--
 Vittorio Bertola
Head of Policy & Innovation

Cell:	 +39 348 7015022

Direct Chat:	 vittorio.bertola (https://chat.open-xchange.com/direct/vittorio.bertola)

Email:	 vittorio.bertola at open-xchange.com

Twitter: @openexchange (http://twitter.com/openexchange) - Facebook: OpenXchange (https://www.facebook.com/OpenXchange) - Web: www.open-xchange.com (http://www.open-xchange.com)

	 Open-Xchange AG, Hohenzollernring 72, 50672 Cologne, District Court Cologne HRB 95366
Managing Board: Rafael Laguna de la Vera, Carsten Dirks, Michael Knapstein, Stephan Martin
Chairman of the Board: Richard Seibt
European Office:
Open-Xchange GmbH, Olper Huette 5f, D-57462 Olpe, Germany, District Court Siegen, HRB 8718
Managing Director: Frank Hoberg
US Office:
Open-Xchange. Inc., 530 Lytton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301, USA

Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential, and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from your system.