[ID4me Governance] ID4me verified identities framework

Matthias Pfeifer | dotBERLIN GmbH & Co. KG pfeifer at dot.berlin
Tue Aug 27 13:32:35 UTC 2019

Hello,

> > Il 26 agosto 2019 10:58 Marcos Sanz <sanz at denic.de> ha scritto:
> >
> > Ok, yes please, let's change the name. Detlef already made some
> > suggestions that follow eIDAS nomenclature, I don't know what could be
> > best, but CA is just misleading.
>
> Ok, we definitely want to change the name. However, first we need to be
> sure that we like the model, i.e. that we want to have this kind of third
> parties auditing our operators that want to provide verified identities, and
> that we want the ID4me association to look for these parties and decide who
> they are. The concept came from the ID4me association's board, but we
> could get back to them and say "we don't like it" - the problem then becomes
> how do we take care of the case in which someone just establishes their own
> agent and/or authority and starts to issue identity tokens stating that the
> data were verified even if they weren't.

[>] I like the model. Just for clarification on an meta level - the role of the not-called-so-CA
have to be managed by an entitiy like an eID provider in order to fullfill the requirements for verified Identities.
If I dig it right then this model looks to me like an interface for entities with different methods of verification (NPA, Video Ident etc..). So this might open a very attractive Door for all those parties and further business.

Best, Matthias