[ID4me Governance] ID4me verified identities framework

Vittorio Bertola vittorio.bertola at open-xchange.com
Mon Aug 26 15:31:50 UTC 2019

> Il 26 agosto 2019 10:58 Marcos Sanz <sanz at denic.de> ha scritto:
>
> Ok, yes please, let's change the name. Detlef already made some
> suggestions that follow eIDAS nomenclature, I don't know what could be
> best, but CA is just misleading.

Ok, we definitely want to change the name. However, first we need to be sure that we like the model, i.e. that we want to have this kind of third parties auditing our operators that want to provide verified identities, and that we want the ID4me association to look for these parties and decide who they are. The concept came from the ID4me association's board, but we could get back to them and say "we don't like it" - the problem then becomes how do we take care of the case in which someone just establishes their own agent and/or authority and starts to issue identity tokens stating that the data were verified even if they weren't.

> > It's also true that, to make that digital badge automatically verifiable
> by relying parties, and unless someone has better ideas,
> > we have to set up a chain of trust of (X.509?) certificates, so that a
> relying party can verify that the badge is signed by
>
> That's what I wanted to have out of the governance paper, but since we are
> at it I think X509 wouldn't be the appropriate technology:

For me, whatever the technical group wants is fine. I used the example of certificates because I thought that otherwise no one would understand what we meant, but I can just revise the language in the draft to make it an abstract "chain of trust" without reference to any technology.

Ciao,
--
 Vittorio Bertola
Head of Policy & Innovation

Cell:	 +39 348 7015022

Direct Chat:	 vittorio.bertola (https://chat.open-xchange.com/direct/vittorio.bertola)

Email:	 vittorio.bertola at open-xchange.com

Twitter: @openexchange (http://twitter.com/openexchange) - Facebook: OpenXchange (https://www.facebook.com/OpenXchange) - Web: www.open-xchange.com (http://www.open-xchange.com)

	 Open-Xchange AG, Hohenzollernring 72, 50672 Cologne, District Court Cologne HRB 95366
Managing Board: Rafael Laguna de la Vera, Carsten Dirks, Michael Knapstein, Stephan Martin
Chairman of the Board: Richard Seibt
European Office:
Open-Xchange GmbH, Olper Huette 5f, D-57462 Olpe, Germany, District Court Siegen, HRB 8718
Managing Director: Frank Hoberg
US Office:
Open-Xchange. Inc., 530 Lytton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301, USA

Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential, and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from your system.