[ID4me Governance] Trust models for identity validation

Matthias Pfeifer | dotBERLIN GmbH & Co. KG pfeifer at dot.berlin
Wed Sep 19 15:29:00 UTC 2018

Hello all,

in case of the usage of ID4me for services provided by an local authority/bank/whatever on that level ,  claim values with personal data needs to be treated as validated. Such claim data must more or less reflect data of an id card (personalausweis). Such an authority hast to be trustfully by itself and needs to be allowed to validate users (and the claim data) by using appropriate ways. To trust so created claim values it is nessesary that the user isn’t allowed to change data without re-validation. Also the authority needs to be informed in case a user changes his place of residence by consulting the Registrant office in-person.

So far, this seems not really to be an ID4me job, but I would be happy to read your thoughts from a ID4me perspective.

To answer the question, I see a mix of option 1 and 6/7.

Best, Matthias