[ID4me Governance] Trust models for identity validation

Vittorio Bertola vittorio.bertola at open-xchange.com
Wed Sep 19 12:36:11 UTC 2018

> Il 19 settembre 2018 alle 13.20 "Peter H. Ganten" <ganten at univention.de> ha scritto:
>

>     Hi Vittorio,
>
>     I'd love ID4Me to be as open as possible in order to have the possibility for each party to make it's own decisions. Therefore I'd very much prefer option 6. Possibly in combination with option 7. which can be added later.

I also prefer a flexible approach - let the market come up with whatever is actually necessary. However, it would be a problem if we started to have validated claims in the system, but then relying parties found out that they are not reliable at all - this could backlash and make the entire system appear unreliable. Perhaps we could have optional ways for authorities to vet validating parties by signing their certificates, and authorities could decide whether they want to do it or not.

Also, some standardization of what it means to validate something, relying on the existing standards (ISO 29115, eIDAS), would still be necessary to ensure that all participants speak the same language.

Ciao,

--

Vittorio Bertola
Head of Policy & Innovation

Cell: 	+39 348 7015022
Skype: 	in-skype-ox at bertola.eu
Email: 	vittorio.bertola at open-xchange.com mailto:vittorio.bertola at open-xchange.com

Twitter: @openexchange http://twitter.com/openexchange - Facebook: OpenXchange https://www.facebook.com/OpenXchange - Web: www.open-xchange.com http://www.open-xchange.com
Open-Xchange AG, Rollnerstr. 14, 90408 Nuremberg, District Court Nuremberg HRB 24738
Managing Board: Rafael Laguna de la Vera, Carsten Dirks, Michael Knapstein, Stephan Martin
Chairman of the Board: Richard Seibt

European Office:
Open-Xchange GmbH, Olper Huette 5f, D-57462 Olpe, Germany, District Court Siegen, HRB 8718
Managing Director: Frank Hoberg

US Office:
Open-Xchange. Inc., 530 Lytton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301, USA

Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential, and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from your system.