[Adoption_wg] ICANN63 and ID4me Adoption Working Group Chair

Marcos Sanz sanz at denic.de
Mon Oct 29 10:24:49 UTC 2018

Hi David,

> Lovely to have met with some of you at ICANN.  I have come away inspired
to progress things a little more in New Zealand. By the
> time Kobe comes around I plan to have a working prototype of ID4me using
Domain Connect. My goal is to see if try and create and
> configure a domain name on the fly during an identity creation process.

I wished I would have met you all at ICANN. Just fwiw for those who might
not know: we already have prototyped a binding with DomainConnect during
identity creation. It's up and running here:
https://identityagent.de/register

If the base domain of the ID4me (take for instance marcos.sanz.club)
announces the DomainConnect discovery record, e.g.

marcos at marcos-xm3:~$ dig +short _domainconnect.sanz.club TXT
_domainconnect.1and1.com.
"api.domainconnect.1and1.com"

the UI will offer you an additional button "Do settings with Domain
Connect".

Best,
Marcos