[Adoption_wg] ICANN63 and ID4me Adoption Working Group Chair

Neal McPherson neal.mcpherson at 1und1.de
Fri Oct 26 07:37:36 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Firstly I am very excited about the opportunity to work on the adoption topic with you all.

Well we now have ICANN 63 behind us and I have had so many conversations about ID4me with registries and registrars. The interest is very high, as is the awareness: In almost every conversation I had, the person I was talking to had heard of ID4me already in some context. So there we already have achieved significant awareness which is impressive.

We all know however that the key to adoption and success will of course be convincing end-users and web-shops/web-services (Relying parties) of the benefits of ID4me. This will therefore be where our Adoption WG's focus is over the next months. Most pressing are various pitch decks/marketing material/communication pieces aimed at end-users and relying parties, so working on those over the next few weeks will be the priority.

We do have an official launch planned for the end of Q1 2019 which is exciting, but does not leave us too much time. I will send a doodle out for a telco-slot for early November so we can kick this effort off.

Best regards

Neal

Neal McPherson
Portfolio Manager- Domains/SSL
Domain Services
1&1 Internet SE | Ernst-Frey-Str. 5 | 76135 Karlsruhe | Germany
Phone: +49 721 913741862   Mobile: +49 1520 199 5944
E-Mail: neal.mcpherson at 1und1.de<mailto:neal.mcpherson at 1und1.de> | Web: www.1und1.de<http://www.1und1.de/>
Hauptsitz Montabaur, Amtsgericht Montabaur, HRB 24498

Vorstand: Dr. Christian Böing, Hüseyin Dogan, Hans-Henning Kettler, Matthias Steinberg, Achim Weiss
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Markus Kadelke
Member of United Internet
Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche und/oder gesetzlich geschützte Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der bestimmungsgemäße Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, unterrichten Sie bitte den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Anderen als dem bestimmungsgemäßen Adressaten ist untersagt, diese E-Mail zu speichern, weiterzuleiten oder ihren Inhalt auf welche Weise auch immer zu verwenden.
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that saving, distribution or use of the content of this e-mail in any way is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail.